• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Body image

Quirky Jessi

hDFFC4C08

Ugh, it's so true.

I think that most girls/women tend to have a different view of themselves than what they actually are.

I think the left side that says 'really fat' girls think they're 'skinnny' is just joking and prodding at how many larger women will wear clothes that are too small. In general, though, the rest is pretty accurate.

Are you realistic about how you look?

Werbung:
Yep, it's true. Sometimes it does seem like the really fat girls think they're skinny. That or some serious body confidence.

Definitely not. I actually have body dysmorphic disorder. So yeah.

Although my particular issue is related more to my skin than my body. I look in the mirror and see a horror. Other people probably see a pretty girl with slightly less-than perfect skin. I cry myself to sleep at night because of how I look. I wish more than anything I could just not care about being ugly, but I can't.

I hate our society. I hate the way girls are trained to feel ugly. We are never good enough. We will never look like the girls in the movies and the magazines. It's probably one of the most depressing things in my entire life, realizing that...

I know I'm pretty. It took me so much time to realise it though. I know most men are atrracted to me but still, sometimes I have some doubts about my looks - even now, after so many years: when I was a teenager, my mother was always telling me that even though I weight so little, I don't look thin. It's an absurd because I'm petite, many people think I'm anorexic. My father always repeats that I look like a skeleton - which isn't nice to hear either:cry: . I know it's all not true because my parents are the only people who don't like how I look. But when you hear something so many times, it's easy to believe in it. So yes, I have a lot of family issues - but I'm strong enough and confident enough to be happy with myself - and now I'm surrounding myself with the most wonderful people who make me feel really pretty:)

I don't have a realistic view of my body. I have been overweight for sometime. I never wore tight clothes when I was bigger, but I didn't know how overweight I was until earlier this year. I saw myself on video. It was pretty hard to deny at that point.

Now, I have lost a lot of weight. I still felt as fat as I did earlier this year. I was focusing on how much more I have to lose instead of celebrating my accomplishment. I only came to realize how much I lost when I took a picture last week. I was shocked to see how much smaller I was. I looked great. My natural hourglass figure is back.

I think I have a realistic view of my body. I know that I'm overweight and that I have to lose weight but I just can't seem to stop eating and get myself to exercise. I need to lose weight because it's affecting my back. I have constant back pain and I know it's because my body can't carry all the weight that I have now. But it's so difficult to not want to eat.

I had so many issues with my body when I was younger. I'd always had weight problems as a kid and a teenager. I wasn't huge, but I was definitely heavier than I should have been. I finally started exercising when I started college, which led to a more normal weight. Then, I became tired of depriving myself of the foods I wanted to eat, but was terrified of getting "fat" again. Shortly after that, I became bulimic, and that was a battle I fought for almost six years. (I'm better now). Since then, my weight has fluctuated between thin, average, overweight, and thin again, but it all has to do with my exercise level rather than an eating disorder. I'm in the overweight phase at the moment and hope to start walking regularly again as soon as the weather improves, which will probably be a few months.

Anyway, as far as my actual body image - I think I now see myself as I really am, but when I had the eating disorder, I saw myself as bigger than I was. I figured this out once while at the gym. I noticed somebody in the mirror and thought, "She looks great - that's how I want to look." A few seconds later, I realized I was looking at myself (the mirrors went all the way around the room, so I'd been looking at my back view, which I'm not used to seeing, of course).

I think that I have a realistic image of my body. I know it is not perfect and I am okay with that. I do exercise and try to eat properly but there always seems to be a few extra kilos that I need to shed...nothing unreachable.

I do see some people in the malls, who seem to think that they are skinnier than they actually are (I say this by going on what they are wearing).

I'm actually very skinny. My weight can be between 100-105 each day no matter how much I eat. It sucks because I can't open milk cartons and ugh people don't hire me because they 'll think I'll pass out or I can't lift this or that. Grr, very annoying because I know I eat constantly, and it's always the same as I have a fast metabolism. I went on a cruise and it was still the same and I ate a lot. FML. Being skinny sucks, but I actually don't care. It's my lifestyle, and although I complain, it's who I am. It's just people always assume that oh, you must be anorexic and starve yourself! No, I'm just naturally skinny be open minded yo.

The only time it really blows is when I go shopping and they tell me well we don't have anything in your size, "perhaps you need to go into the teenager section, hehehehehe." FML
lol

The only time it really blows is when I go shopping and they tell me well we don't have anything in your size, "perhaps you need to go into the teenager section, hehehehehe." FML
lol

I actually really, really miss that part. I'm a petite girl and I absolutely loved being able to shop in the women's, teens, *and* kid sections. I've put on some weight and have too much hip area to do the latter sections any more, but it used to be the best part!

The "really fat -> skinny" also may be a comment on the confidence.
I know quite a few people who are overweight that have the mindset of "I know i'm heavy, but I still look good. At least i eat".
They have confidence that many skinny females don't because they don't care.

I'm actually very skinny. My weight can be between 100-105 each day no matter how much I eat. It sucks because I can't open milk cartons and ugh people don't hire me because they 'll think I'll pass out or I can't lift this or that. Grr, very annoying because I know I eat constantly, and it's always the same as I have a fast metabolism. I went on a cruise and it was still the same and I ate a lot. FML. Being skinny sucks, but I actually don't care. It's my lifestyle, and although I complain, it's who I am. It's just people always assume that oh, you must be anorexic and starve yourself! No, I'm just naturally skinny be open minded yo.

lol

Hmm...have you had everything checked out medically? That's a little troubling. Being thin/petite is one thing, but if you are having trouble opening milk cartons it seems like something may be wrong. Certain diseases can affect your absorption of nutrients... believe me I know. I have celiac disease and was very thin and weak my whole life growing up. I always thought I had a "fast metabolism" too. A fast metabolism will not make you too weak to open a milk carton. I'm not trying to freak you out or anything, I just hate when people think certain things may be normal when they aren't. If you have a doctor, maybe try talking to him or her about this and seeing if there might be another reason?

I've actually learnt how to love my body and be realistic with it.
I'm skinny and can't get fat because I have a fast metabolism, and I used to HATE my body when I was younger because I felt like I was too skinny.
But now I actually really like it, even though my butt and boobs are small :ROFLMAO:.

My body has changed over the years, but while the media does portray the 'perfect' body it's hard not to always want to change things.

My boobs have gotten bigger, but I'm not fat, and while I would like to be thinner I know I can, but would be only if I cut out foods I enjoy. I can't change my frame, and I like how I am, but I would like longer legs!

Werbung:
To FINALLY ;)realize my beauty, I had to reach back into my ancestry. I was so down on myself, until I thought about the fact that I was insulting someone else who had a hand in making me, me. During the long trip before I was born, I was being created. And to insult myself, was to insult someone else. This brought what I was doing to full attention. That it wasn't just about me, it was about everyone who made me. :D

Back