• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Birth control

Werbung:
You can conceive just by missing a couple pills, so you have the potential to get pregnant immediately.

It does depend a bit on what kind you're on though. If you're on the Depo shot, it could take a few months for it to wear off, for example. And just because you're off birth control, doesn't mean you'll get pregnant right away either....some people have to try for years after all.

What kind of birth control were you on? That plays a role. However, chances are you can fall pregnant within a very short period of time. It varies, according to what I have seen. If you want to know with greater clarity - maybe ask your closest pharmacist...

I'm on the pill and when we planned our second child, I got pregnant immediately after I stopped taking the pill. But there was one time when we didn't plan to have a child and then I got pregnant after not taking the pill for a month because I wanted to try the natural method. One day, I bled and I thought I wasn't pregnant. And that it was just false alarm. I took the pill again because the natural method wasn't that reliable and I had a miscarriage. I felt bad because I felt like as if I killed my baby.

If you missed taking the pill once or twice, you won't immediately get pregnant but in the case that you do get pregnant, taking the pill again can cause a miscarriage like what I'd experienced.

It is different for every person. Some people conceive immediately after stopping birth control. For others, it may affect them negatively for several months. Some of this is due to the type of birth control.

Werbung:
How long after I get off birth control can I conceive?
Everyone is different, so there isn't a good answer for you. But my personal experience, within 2-3 months. I was told by the doctor that it can take up to a year after going off the pill to conceive. Is that the birth control that you were using? I know that an IUD is different, you can conceived immediately upon removal.

Back