• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Birth Control Pills

KagomeGurl

I am a teenager. I want to start birth control pills. No I am not having sex. It's just I have really bad pierods. I have PMS, cramps. and stomache pains and throw up. I also have horrible acne. So if you take birth control pills the supposdly shorten peirods and get rid of acne. How do I tell my parents becuase they are going to think I'm having sex? :breastcancer:

Werbung:
Personally, I'd book in with a doctor to get their opinion first. Look into all the pros and cons of taking BCP before you jump in and start on it. Your doctor must keep confidentiality so your parents wouldn't know at this stage. Explain to the doc that your periods are nasty and can they offer any suggestions on how to help control them.

See what he/she says first.

Talk to your doctor first..maybe you really need them. If he tells you so, then you should tell your parents - or you could even tell your doctor to tell your parents, so they'll be sure.
BCP really are used to control acne and problematic periods, other then their original use, that is...

Just sit your parents down and explain it to them in a civilised manner. Say how you're crippled every time you have a period (God knows I was before I started taking the pill) and how your acne can be embarassing, so you think the pill is the best option. Try to stress the fact that it's not for birth controll and how strongly you feel about it.

Talking to a doctor or OB/GYN would be a good option because it is all in confidence and NOTHING you can tell them will phase them, so you don't have to be embarassed.

As you mention that you are of teenage. I suggest you to take on I-pill. It is best, it must be taken within 72hours after copulation. Lots of time take birthcontrol or contraceptive pill can cause body infection and not more trustful. So i suggest you to use other contraceptive methods with good safety measures.

The most important thing to do is to tell your parents. It's unavoidable. You need to discuss this with them and ask them what they think.
As you are a teenager, you should tell them you are growing up. Aha, make sure you tell them you are NOT having sex.
Also, talk to a local GP who you trust. There is no need to be embarrassed- doctors have been through it all before.
Tell your parents how you are feeling!

You should definitely talk to your mom and let her know what is going on. Also let her know that she can trust you and that you are telling the truth about not having sex. Consulting with a doctor is a good idea, but I would bring your mom along to the appointment so that she can hear what he has to say as well.

You want to convince your parents that you are not having sex and you just need pills to lessen the pain of your menstruation and acne? Easy! You tell your parents to accompany you to go to a Gynecology clinic. They will never suspect you after.. Trust me.

Are you close with your mom even a little bit? If you get that sick with your period, it's likely she's noticed that you're not handling it very well. Acne is fairly obvious, too. So just approach her and say you've been struggling and heard that birth control could help. Reassure her that you're not wanting it for sex and that you really just want to stop feeling sick all the time.

If you don't think you can get her support at all, you can make an appointment at Planned Parenthood without a parent. You're better off not having to sneak around for something you're actually wanting for innocent reasons, though.

I would like to get birth control as well. I have the worst cramps ever. I also get hot flashes and other bad symptoms while on my period.

Werbung:
Depending on the laws where you live, you might not, technically, need their permission to consult your doctor about birth control. However, you should explain to them that you are not having sex and just want them for cramps. Like others suggested, it is best to get your doctor's advice. He might even be able to suggest something other than birth control.

Back