• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Bathing Suit Cover Ups?

SEA81

I'm going on a long beach trip in a couple of weeks, and I'm no nearly in the shape I wanted to be in. So, I'm debating what kind of bathing suit cover up to buy to hide what I don't want flapping all around the beach. ;) What do you guys use to cover up? I have worn a t-shirt and shorts, a long shirt, and even a sarong in the past, but I just can't decide what to do this time. My main problem is my thighs (and my stomach, but that's second to thighs).

Werbung:
I haven't worn just a bathing suit since I was a kid. I grew up feeling a little like the ugly duckling with a mother and a sister who guys tended to fall all over. I was always a little self conscious and just preferred to cover up. I usually wore just a big t-shirt over the suit. The last few years I wore shorts and shirt since I am not in the best of shape either. If it is your thighs that bother you, why not buy the shorts like bathing suits they have now?

Don't wear a big old t shirt :) You can pick up really cute sun dresses that are actually swim cover ups almost anywhere. Or do a cute sarong around your waist. But the dress is my favorite, or a cute long tunic.

I agree with btatro there are tons of really cute sun dresses out there. If I'm on vacation I'll wear a dress to the beach but will wear a bathing suit with little shorts on the beach. The swimming shorts are shorter than shorts I'd normally wear as I'm conservative but they are easier to swim in than knee length board shorts. After swimming I'll throw on a cute summery tank top or boho blouse until I dry properly enough to put the dress back on.

Don't be too self conscious most people are worrying about how they look and don't care what others look like. ;) Have you tried retro high waisted swimsuits? They could suit you. Sometimes wearing too much or baggy clothes makes people look bigger.

A sarong is a nice bet for you then. If it's mostly your thighs that bother you, then a simple wrap that partially covers them should boost your confidence without having to wear a full set of t-shirt and shorts. There's really no need. Nobody else is even going to notice, so it's only about what makes you comfy.

I agree with Jessi. That, and a sarong can be more fashionable compared to a normal shirt and shorts. If you can find a pair of cute shorts, they work, too. But it's a definite no from me for the shirt. I just find it unattractive, is all.

Werbung:
A sarong wrapped around your hips and upper thighs look beautiful and does quite a good job at covering up and yet remaining cool. It also depends on how active you are on the beach. If you are in the water most of the time, a sexy surfer shorts may be preferable. Just so long as you are comfortable.

Back