• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Atkins Diet

Do u think the Atkins Diet is a good thing?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Total voters

Snowbaby

A review of published research on low carb diets confirms that individuals tend to lose more weight on carbohydrate restricted diets than on conventional weight loss diets and water accounted for only a small percentage of the weight lost.

Low carb diets have shown favorable effects on several risk factors associated with heart disease. Additionally, some studies have shown that very low carb diets may improve performance during endurance exercise.

What do u guys think? Personally I know someone who has lost approx 3 or 4 stone in the last 3 months through this diet. I don't think it is a good way to lose weight. It's too quickly lost. That surely cannot be healthy!

I've heard a lot about the side effects of cutting down/out on carbohydrates. Can't be healthy for the body.

What is your opinion?

Source

Werbung:
:wave2:
Hi i wouldn't recomend the atkins diet

You loose weight quickly but you are not eating foods that you could carry on eating forever. Your body is being starved of certain foods and it is eating away at your fat but also your muscle
<
Not good

It is also known to make your internal organs smaller
If you are going to go on a diet dont starve yourself eat healthy food drink loads of water stuff you could eat everyday for the rest of your life and enjoy

Charlotte
<

I agree, I'd never go on the Atkins. And if you actually look at a lot of the low carb foods on the market ie: low carb kitkats etc......there are MORE calories in them than a normal one.

As far as I'm concerned the only real way to lose weight safely is to eat a proper balanced diet and exercise.

Werbung:
No way, I would never do it. Its bad for you and cutting out major parts of our diets. My friend went on it after her son was born in August to try and get back into shape, and she says its the worst thing shes ever done, she felt dreadful on it

Back