• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Are you still friends with people you went to school with?

prettydoll

I don't live in my hometown anymore, but whenever I visit I always spend time with my little group from high school. Most of them still live in town, or visit home at the same time over holidays, so it's really easy for us to get together at least a few times a year. We text and keep in touch through Facebook as well.

My boyfriend is that exact opposite though. He had some really close friends in high school and college but they've all drifted apart and don't really communicate anymore. I always though that was sad, because for me it's so nice that I have all these friends who have known me since I was just a kid. It's almost like family at that point.

It depends on so many factors though, and once every moves away it can be really hard to stay in touch over the years. For those who have graduated, do you still hang out with any of your school friends?

Werbung:
I recently moved back to my hometown to help my parents out and a few friends from my school days have found me on Facebook. It's been good to catch up, but so far we haven't met up, although I know we will at some point.

Most have children now and I have scanned in a few photos I have found. It's weird how I haven't seen them for decades, but there is still an element of trust there.

I moved out of my hometown to go to school and such. Ever since, I have no desire to go back. After a while I may visit my family or visit certain places in my hometown, but I don't have any ties in my hometown. Before I left, my friends decided they didn't want to be friends anymore. I haven't talked to them again since.
I meet my boyfriend when I was in school and he always goes back to his hometown to visit his friends. He's so close with his friends that they aren't his "friends", they're his family.

Werbung:
My hometown is a terrible neighborhood now. Nobody lives there any more. The only way for all of us who grew up together to stay in touch is via Facebook. It sucks.

Back