• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Are You A Feminist?

Dreek Lass

I would most certainly consider myself a feminist. I want equality between both sexes, because I have come to the realization that both genders depend upon each other, and are essentially interconnected in many ways. It seems like both genders are so damaged at this point, that the gender with the dominance in society is abusing that dominance, and to the point where all sorts of injustices against women regularly occur, and nothing gets done about it.

It always breaks my heart when I hear other women, or female celebrities - who have the capacity to reach millions of young minds - say that they are not feminists because of the misguided idea that feminism is a hate movement, which is it not! And it is always clear that the people who say this have absolutely no idea what the definition of a feminist is. They have no idea that feminism actually helps guys too. Balance will always help both sides.

Because of the lack of equality between genders in today's society, we have had a flurry of stories in the news about men killing and or raping women purely because those women have rejected them. Never has a woman ever killed a man for rejecting her, which just shows the entitlement.

You don't have to be an activist to be a feminist. You just have to have the mindset. So are you a feminist?

Werbung:
I guess I could technically be called a feminist, since I do agree that women should be treated fairly.

It's just that some of the militant types give feminism a bad name. It's not something I want to be associated with and I think others feel the same way.

Overall, it's not a hate movement, but there certainly are some factions within the movement that are all about hate.

I guess I could technically be called a feminist, since I do agree that women should be treated fairly.

It's just that some of the militant types give feminism a bad name. It's not something I want to be associated with and I think others feel the same way.

Overall, it's not a hate movement, but there certainly are some factions within the movement that are all about hate.

That is what people often think. But I think it is a cop-out. I think that saying that feminism isn't something that you want to be associated with just because a few - MUCH fewer then the majority who understand that it is about equality - are militant, is a bit of a cop-out to be honest. Especially when the movement is SO important. Women are being murdered just for saying no to men. That is how serious this is now. You have to realize that calling it a hate movement comes from the male mind in the first place. The male mind that is threatened by women who know their power and worth. The male mind that currently hold most of the cards in society, and do not want that to change. So by calling it a hate movement, it does exactly what it was designed to do. It does wonders to silence and poke fun at a movement that is terribly necessary. Just the very fact that it is called a hate movement, and is accepted as such by many women, is a testament to the fact that the brainwashing and internalized misogyny is thick. I mean, it's laughable all by itself merely because there are men out there who are also feminists and they do not hate men. They just see how out of balance everything is. They see how the lack of equality also effects them in the world too.

Just recently there was a lady who wanted to give a feminist talk at a college, and she received death threats from men on twitter. So she had to call it off. ANYTHING to shut her up. ANYTHING to stop her from spreading female empowerment. She had not one hateful word to say.

Last edited:
I should have stated that more clearly. I didn't mean that I don't want to be associated with feminism, but rather that I don't want to be associated with the militant agendas that give it a bad name.

Before reading the whole post I had my doubts, but once I was done reading it I was sure I could call myself a feminist. I really don't like that entitlement some guys have, as you said some guys do kill women because they rejected them or cheated on them. They are not property!

Actually I don't like the idea of marriage so much, because I don't like the idea of taking someone else's name and feel like I'm his property. Because some guys do make you feel that way, my SO actually jokes about it sometimes. I've told him that marrying to him doesn't mean i won't have a life of my own; I will.

Also I won't do things I don't want to do just because he wants me too, like for example spending time with his parents! They are awful people who attacked me some weeks ago and tried to convince my SO to leave me! So hell no, I'll spend as little time as possible with them. If they go to our house I'll try to act polite, but I'll not stay there like an idiot... I'll just do what I normally do when they are not there.

Women and men need to understand that once we get married we don't become someone's object or property, we are not there to please you; we are there to build a beautiful home and family. We are NOT your slaves and we DON'T have to believe what you believe... we don't have to do everything you tell us. We are entitled to our freedom, independence and individuality. We are NOT marrying you to have tyrant rule over our lives, but for you to compliment us and share our happiness with you, to work side by side as a team with a common goal: happiness and fulfillment.

Werbung:
I believe in equality rather than feminism. I like independent women, who are self-sufficient, but that is not feminism. To me feminism is a message that women are better than men and that is not the case, humans regardless of gender have equal rights, but we fight for equality still.

I have a friend who was an original feminist, yet she is single (again) but will fawn over and lie to men to get a man. Is that really feminist? Ironically she used to work with the most renowned feminist writers, so I really don't consider feminism today to have any grounding.

Back