• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Any more Fifty Shades-style books?

Ksiuha

All done with the fifty shades trilogy and I'm on the hunt for something along the same lines. I've just finished reading Can You Keep a Secret? by Katie Collins and Robert Carry, which was absolutely brilliant, but I'm all done with it now and I'm on the look out for something else. Any ideas?

Werbung:
Do you have an e-reader? I usually just go on amazon's website and look at all the books that are $3.00 or less. Most of those cheesy romantic books are in that price range.

The e-reader is so great for that. You can hide your purchases and read them discreetly whereever you are. Although 50 shades of Grey is so popular that it shouldn't even matter where you read or buy it anymore. I would also suggest the recommended section of Amazon, it shows other purchases by consumers of 50 Shades. You'll more than likely find a romantic suggestion or two in there. You don't need to buy anything to access this function, so it's still useful even if you're not planning to buy online/an e-book.

Happy reading!

What did you like about 50 Shades? The romance? The BDSM? The e-mail exchanges?

If you can be more specific, I can totally recommend more books.

I'd suggest-

Kushiel's Dart (Jacqueline Carey, I believe)
Carrie's Story and Safeword (Molly Weatherfield, or Weatherington, something like that)
The Story of O

If you like those, you can probably happily branch out into the BDSM-style Literotica world :)

It's true, it depends what it is you liked about the books. I will tell you this much. There are so many better books out there than those books.

I'll be honest and say that I wouldn't recommend anything similar to 50 Shades, because as it's already been said, there's much better stuff you can read out there. For example, you might find reading Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale, interesting. I'd also recommend Caitlin Moran's How To Be a Woman, and Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis.

You will learn more from those books, than ever reading anything like 5o Shades.

I second Evilsprinkles' recommendation for "Persepolis." It is so moving and I am so glad that I read it. There are so many other great things to read other than 50 Shades, but if you are looking along those lines then check out Literotica for free on the web.

Werbung:
I'd also like to come forward with another recommendation for a book called Women Who Run With The Wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estés. It's possibly one of the most important books you could ever read as a girl, a girl growing into a woman, or a woman who is already very much aware of her potential. It's an incredibly gripping book, and you will learn so much from it. It's one of those books you can read time and time again, and learn something new, EVERY time.

So yeah, throw away your FSoG stuff, and come and read some truly wonderful prose. You won't be disappointed, and you'll learn so much. (y)

Back