• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Ant Control

Snowbaby

Ant Control:
  • Spread some ground cinnamon where you think the ants are coming in to the house.
  • Basil repels flies and mosquitoes. To deter ants, use catnip. Sprinkle it in their paths.
  • Make a mixture of 2/3 cup water, 1/3 cup white vinegar, and 2-3 Tablespoons dish soap. Spray where the ants are marching.

Source

Werbung:
My gran has had trouble with ants in her garden, if you find them a lot outside, check for any small holes in the soil that they are coming in and out of. One good ant repellant is common salt, put some down the hole or sprinkle some along the edge of the doorstep to stop them coming in the house.

Another technique is to pour boiling water down the ant nest.

If all else fails do this to them......
<

<

I wouldnt go chucking salt on my grass i spent years getting it that green
<
and umm the salt would end up killing it or makin it patchy depending on the quantity used.
<

Noo, don't put salt on the grass, if the ants are under the grass you won't find the ant nest opening anyway.

The idea is to look for openings in open soil and just put the salt directly into the hole. Depends on the layout of your garden though I suppose.

were we live is bad for ants we had some red ones cant remember what there called but there not from this country.anyway i was getting sick of the councl coming up and just putting poison down for the ants to die off once they relised what was happening and moved somewhere else in the house so i found this ant spary in asda and its amazing not seen them for ages now.you just spray along the sides of where the ants are and its lasts for a couple of weeks each time it kills as soon as the ants make contact with it

I have a truce with the ants, they live under my front door step, if they stay outside I leave them alone, but if they come in they die. My cat sits near the front door waiting for stray ants and he eats them as soon as he sees them.

A mixture of borax and powdered sugar will kill ants. Use more sugar than borax. Be careful to keep away from pets.

You can also sprinkle corn meal around for them. They can't digest it so when they eat it, it eventually fills their stomach & they starve to death. It sounds pretty gruesome when you explain it, doesn't it?

What a great way to get rid of the ants. I hate ants and do not have any right now but they are so pesky so I will have to remember this.​

Werbung:
I have cats & they will eat any bug they can find.... Even cockroaches! Now that is a huge 'Ewwwwww!' moment around here. Ants at least are small enough that its as simple as a tongue swipe & the ants are gone. Cockroaches on the other hand, they are big enough for cats to play with them. :eek:

Back