• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

A Fad?!

Princess Pyro

After buying my pup last year (she is a Pit bull X) I have become highly interested in campaigning against Breed Specific Legislation. Animal Welfare and Anti BSL are things I am very passionate about, but now I have mmy boyfriend saying it is just a 'fad that will pass.' This makes me so angry! Everything I am passionate about, he just couldn't careless! The least he could do is support me. I'm just trying to make things easier for me, and my dog whom I love greatly. He even had the nerve to say that BSL laws don't affect us!! We currently have her registered with the local council, which cost us $18 for 3 years because she is sterilized.If, however, we registered her as a Pit Bull X, we would have to pay approximately $500-$1000 PER YEAR. All because she is apparently 'savage'.

I'm just so sick of him not supporting me with anything! If it was his favourite breed being victimised, he wouldwhinge and complain about it, but because it is one of my favourite breeds, it isn't important! Gah! I am so angry!

<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

Werbung:
*hugs*

What a schmuck!!!!!!

He'll realise it's not a "fad" when you stick to it for a few years. My friend turned vegetarian and her parents thought it was a phase. Six years later, she's still going and her mum is partially turning vego too....

It sucks when the people who's opinion matters most brushes off what's important to you
<

I'm right there with ya...pit bulls aren't any more or less savage than any other dog, I have lived with a few in my time!!!

Don't let the boyfriend get you down...just keep sticking to your beliefs...

Well, in all fairness this is your cause and not his. You can't force him to be passionate about something like this. He should respect that you don't believe in BSL and you should certainly be respecting the fact that he isn't bothered by it.

I find the more activist side dies down after a while. I was pretty gung-ho about animal rights in my late teens - early 20's. I'm still a vegetarian but I generally keep my opinions to myself - and have for quite a while now.

Werbung:
But that'sthe thing,I'm not trying to make him believe what I believe. I justwish he would support me and not pass my passions off as a fad, when he tells me all about his all the time. History bores mne to death, but I still listen.

Back